Pish Tosh

Thursday, May 5

I'm a pro now

A Flickr pro. Thanks honey!

Plus we got a big ol' check in the mail, from my new dad, the nest egg in C.V.'s name long reserved for a "groom's dinner" we obviated the need for by eloping. Also included were messages about God keeping lamps full and how C.V. has been preparing himself for a profession, maybe not teaching, maybe something he doesn't know about yet, but God will help him.

While God is occupied thusly, I'm thinking: pool party at the local pool. With 60-80 of our closest friends. And a cake covered in fondant with some kind of rad design. And I bet that check will pay for at least part of a decent caterer. I'm so sick of the normal vegetarian caterer fare: I like lasagna as much as the next person, but I'm miffed that the token veggie dishes are always vegetarian lasagna and pasta primavera. Cooked with varying degrees of passion and skill, but generally less rather than more.

I'm holding out for something involving wasabi. If I'm going to disappoint my various meat-eating relatives, I'm going to do it with FLAIR.

This is good: the reception planning thing has really been dragging us down. It's just one more thing we're not doing even though we're supposed to.

Last night, we FINALLY faced facts and drew up a list of Things To Do. So the check couldn't have arrived at a better time.

1 Comments:

At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sick of the normal vegetarian caterer fare

Indian food is always the answer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home