Pish Tosh

Monday, April 18

Any Trick in the Book

So... someone got to Pish Tosh by Googling: "Ione: How to pronounce." I had an entry where I told about our old babysitter of that name, pronounced I Own, though the search string started me thinking about the far more lovely pronounciations of the name, such as that of Ione Skye, who was Diane Court in Say Anything, a perfect movie. (The tiny kid with the guys at the Gas-and-Sip: "Bitches, man.")

Then I happened to quote a tiny thing about Kirsty Hume, knitting model.

Which brought other people here, disappointed people looking for Wedding Pictures Donovan Leitch Kirsty Hume, not pictures of me or meditations on anxiety.

However, in idly looking up Donovan in solidarity with these people I discovered: Donovan Leitch the younger is actually the brother of Ione Skye.

Who, as you may or may not know, used to be married to the soprano Beastie, Adrock.

The cap on the coincidence is this: Since the whole Ione-pronounce string, I've had the adorably goofy lyrics to "Get it Together" in my head, including
Adrock down with the Ione
Listen to this shit cause both of them is boney
Got to do it like this like Chachi and Joanie
Cause she's the cheese and I'm the macaroni.

Which, partly to exorcise, I just chose as the new subtitle for my blog, yesterday.

Adrock

I know, I know. But it was write this, or snark about my f**ed up keyboard or parents who don't think 700 is a good enough SAT math score for their child. (Another coincidence: my college b-friend took a class that met once at the home of a sweet lady named Hazel, who turned out to be MIKE D'S MOTHER.)

I love Beastie lyrics. Another fave is I am the king of Boggle, there is none higher, I get eleven points for the word 'quagmire.' RAPPING ABOUT BOGGLE SKILLZ, PEOPLE. Skillz only an English major could love.

That lyrics like this can happen is almost enough to make me forgive America a little bit.

2 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She was indeed very sweet, she fed us cookies after showing us her Veronese, Picassos, and Kandinsky (actual paintings, those aren't code words for parts of her anatomy). But her name is Hester. Ad Rock's grandma is named Hazel.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Evie P. said...

Oh. oops.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home