Pish Tosh

Tuesday, December 14

Good Things

We've been using coffee that you buy from the store already-ground. Because we like to get the Organic Equal Exchange kind. And if we discover IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT that we're out of coffee (sending me into a minor panic, because how could one teach without two cups of coffee beforehand?) then the bulk food store where we buy whole beans is closed, and we have to go to Big Chain Store where they only sell Equal Exchange in the already-ground form.

But today I got to make the coffee with whole beans. And this is a messy process because when I open the coffee grinder I inevitably spill ground coffee on the counter and IT SMELLS SO GOOD AND I LOVE IT. And this -- grinding my own coffee, and making a mess -- is a Good Thing.

And also thanks, you guys, for responding to my earlier post with such thoughtful and sympathetic comments. I want to comment on these comments in more depth -- perhaps in another post a bit later. In the mean time, I've been working on (another) longish post I wrote most of last night at 4 a.m. when I should have been sleeping. It's kind of funny. There's some strategic swearing. I'll post it later today, probably.

For now I want to thank you -- it's cathartic, I guess, to get to tell your story, unvarnished, but in your own words. And to have other thoughtful creatures read your story. And respond to it.

That, too, is a Good Thing.

Also, I've already graded two of the dreaded correspondence papers in the hour I've been up. :)

1 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger German said...

You know, Tony used to sell good things before he was arrested. Now he just buys them from the that guy in alley.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home