Pish Tosh

Thursday, December 16

Gabriel Gudding has a Blog

Which is interesting because Gabriel Gudding wrote "A Defense of Poetry" (reprinted in this great anthology), in which Gabriel Gudding writes:

16. For you are a buttock.

Indeed, you are the balls of the bullock and the calls of the peacock; you are the pony in the paddock near the bullock and the peacock; you are the futtock on the keel and the fetlock (or the heel) of the pony in the paddock:

17. Indeed you are the burdock on the fetlock and the beetle on the burdock and the mite on the beetle on the burdock on the fetlock of the pony in the paddock and the padlock of the gate of the paddock of the bullock and the peacock.

18. Thus with you I am fed-up. For you are Prufrock and I am Wild Bill Hickock...


etc.

In which he also refers to the Dingleberry of Reason.

The reading aloud of which led to one of the most entertaining evenings hanging out with my poet friends ever, and the assigning to students of which made me so pleased to be a teacher of English.

2 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger New Kid on the Hallway said...

That is indeed wild language. What's funnier to me is that Gabriel Gudding was for a while on an e-mail list for collecting fountain pens that I'm on. ;-)

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Evie P. said...

O my god! That's so perfect: thank you! (For sharing that, I mean.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home