Pish Tosh

Wednesday, November 2

Platonic Fall

It is the most outrageously perfect fall day. If you set out to design the perfect fall day this is what you'd order up. Perfect temperature: warm sun, cool fresh air, no cold wind. Perfect jeans-and-a-light-hoodie weather. Perfect colors: blue sky elaborately empty of clouds, yellow leaves, some chartreuse and orange and umber. Red pineapple sage sparklers in everyone's leftover gardens, some late pink roses and some late purple mums. (I think they're mums.)

I wish that called off business for weather on both ends of the spectrum. Of course we call off business when there's snow and ice and rally as a community in the face of weather that is extremely bad. But how about if the superintendent got up in the morning and thought, Holy Cow, it's dangerous to keep people INside in weather like this! and cancelled the schools and the meetings and most of the businesses opened late and closed early. And as a community we could rally around the extremely good weather. A day for frying the green tomatoes and harvesting the leftover herbs and having a chance to visit your friend who lives down the street but who you never see.

4 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Julia Story said...

I'm glad you are writing again. I hope your kitty is feeling good today too. I also wanted to let you know that E. eats raw meat with much happiness and zeal whenever we go to my parents (their dogs are on a semi-raw food diet).

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just now reading your recent posts and can tell you, when it comes to pets and their medical issues. Not that I didn't do plenty of self-blaming when my kitty died in August, but this really is not your fault.

I hate this for you, for K., and for your beautiful kitty. I'll be thinking of you all.

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was an incomplete sentence in that last comment. It should read:

". . . when it comes to pets and there medical issues, there are rarely any good choices."

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Evie P. said...

Body Mascot, I've totally been thinking about your experiences with P. the cat lately. How you were able to say "I am not okay with this." Thanks for your comments.

And hi, shrew! Thanks for your comments too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home