Pish Tosh

Tuesday, February 15

Someone just got the first filling of her adult life.

I can't tell, though, if that's my lip I'm chewing? Or a bit of the spinach-bagel-with-cream-cheese-and-sprouts.

I like going to the dentist. Enforced TV watching time in the middle of the day, and my dentist talks about how much it stresses him out to hurt people. The people who are scared of being hurt. At the dentist.

Also he pats my arm and calls me "little girl." "Would I hurt you, little girl?" I don't want to be talked down to, but somehow I love this in waitresses and dentists: the "honey," the "sweetie," the "little girl."

2 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger ~profgrrrrl~ said...

Why do they make dentists so darn weird????

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger ~profgrrrrl~ said...

BTW, yes, I'm terrified of dentists so you can read that into my comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home