Pish Tosh

Wednesday, March 23

Story O' My Life

Raining today, and my head is full of Sinus Spring Surprise. Throat scratchy, mildly grouchy. Plus, my office is a mess, I haven't blogged in days, and I have an official due-date for my exam proposal.

Plus I have to go work at the bagel store. Which, food service is gross when you have to keep sucking in your snot.

So I decide to call in sick. I decide this while I'm driving to the bank because you can't use a check to pay your speeding tickets, but instead need a MONEY ORDER.

The soundtrack goes, you feel crappy and even if it IS a lunchtime shift, it was dorky of the guy to hire you based on appearance alone. Just because he thinks you look committed to working his minimum wage job doesn't mean you have to put it in front of your health or your own need to get the stuff off the floor of the office so that cat doesn't chew it all up.

So I did, call in sick.

"Oh boy," he said. Hard to get a sub at the last minute!

So now I feel guilty.

Guilty for putting my own needs before a stupid minimum wage job. That someone hired me for based on I'm a girl which made him think I'd be reliable.

2 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger German said...

Don't feel guilty. The bagels wouldn't sacrifice themselves for you, either. Clean your office if you want, and if not, don't.

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, what a really good home mortgage refinancing lender blog you got here! Keep up the good work. I too have a home mortgage refinancing lender related site that I think would be of interest to your readers. Would love your feedback

 

Post a Comment

<< Home