Pish Tosh

Thursday, July 7

The State of Things Around Here

1. Our wedding reception is in approx. 3 weeks. HOLY. SHIT. I told K. it's a good thing we already took care of the getting married to e/o part, because I don't necessarily deal well with stress and probably I would pull a runaway bride if I had to, in addition to the fretting demanded by throwing a large-ish party, particularly one involving relatives, also deal philosophically with the "we're getting married!" idea, in addition to fretting over performing getting married in front of aforementioned relatives, in addition to looking pretty so that I could be documented. I already looked pretty at my wedding and had it documented in ridiculously expensive pictures. See?

down the aisle

So anyway, who cares about what my hair will look like or the fact that I have a pronounced farmer's tan because of my silly habit of wearing clothes when I ride my bike to school.


2. Relatedly, these arrived yesterday.

line of thingstodo

The idea is that these will be filled with orchids and stood on the tables. I suppose this means I should order the orchids.

In this one, you can see also one of the favors.

impending

HOLY SHIT. We're throwing a wedding reception, folks. I'm somewhere between excited, intimidated, and embarrassed.


3. I got an A on my first German test. Actually, I got 26.5 out of 25. Taking a class again after all this time is interesting. It's also totally painless. However, this makes me think perhaps I should have tried harder to pass the test again without spending the $700 it's costing me to take this class, $700 which would have bought a looooot of orchids. But whatever. It's probably good that I have something to go to everyday, so I don't just stay home and fret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home